Thursday, March 3

Valencia Takes Katie

I always knew that there would be a time here in Valencia where I just wanted to be home. I think it is today. I have officially broken one of my madre's picture frames AND light switch. I am tired from a killer week of midterms. And my computer died. My computer got to know the floor of my room really fast....and hard.  The screen looks like a blurry lightshow when you are drunk at Christmas time.

So what you might ask is my new plan of action? I have no idea. Buy a new computer? Too expensive. Send it in for repairs? I am only here for 2 more months and that would probably take the whole duration of 2 months. Just get by without a computer, medival style? I guess so...

And its a beautiful, cold rainy day in Valencia, Spain. Perfect. Also, my wonderful mom is in Honduras doing her thing, helping los niños, but I miss talking to her beautiful face on Skype. A girl needs her mom on days like these. Ok, well I am done bitching for now. The day is not even halfway over so I am sure that more is to come. But I will try to make the best of it. Sangria? Tapas? Yes please! :)

Hasta luego. Wish me luck! (buena suerte)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Katie,
    Remember we love you, material things can be replaced and like you said, make the best of it. Keep the faith ... tomorrow will be brighter!
    G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, we're thinking about you! I wish I could join you there with that Sangria session. I know you'll have something good come your way soon!

    Wishing you the very Best,
    MadMan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well shoot, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have had any luck at all today! Remember, things could be lots worse and most of these tribulations could have happened at home as well. Keep your chin up gal!

    We miss you and love you, Moms and Pops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I walked by somebody who looked almost exactly like you, except for maybe a few years older. Probably would have said something or given her a weird look had I not known for sure you were still in Spain. Had to come on this thing just to double check actually, haha. Still, glad to see you're doing alright despite the computer issues. Don't let it get you down too much.

    Viva España.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update please!!! Can't wait to hear about Las Fallas!

    ReplyDelete