Thursday, February 3

Interesting things you learn in Spanish class

In my Spanish Art history class, our professor is a dirty old man. We talk about the Romans, artists, sex, drugs, museums, etc. With all of these topics, you would think that we would never run out of things to talk about. Well today, we talked about several other things.....

1. The differences between animal noises in different countries. Did you know that frogs go crac crac in Spain? And roosters go kikiriki! Dogs go guau. Birds pío pío.

2. On a more serious note, we learned about the Roman aqueducts today. The most famous one is in Segovia. 

Then our profesor told us that this was the only interesting thing to see in Segovia. And the cerdobabies. What are cerdobabies? Conchinillos....

Baby pigs! They eat Piglet in Segovia....grossssssss!!! Spanish people really like to 'see' their food. When you buy a chicken at the store, its a damn chicken and they chop it up in front of you. Same with pigs, rabbits, frogs, etc. It is always an interesting trip to the Mercadona. 

Also, I just got my intercambio. An intercambio is a way for Spanish and American students to intermingle. If you participate in the program you can chose a girl or boy and you list your hobbies. I wrote down that I wanted a girl because I wanted to actually learn something but of course, out of ALL my friends, I was the one who got a boy. Seriously? Kara told me that someone has to take one for the team. And maybe he has cute friends for them. Oh well, that's Monday's news so stay updated! We are getting coffee after classes but if he's weird, I might be ordering wine. I feel like its a blind date or something so I am trying to expect the worse.....thinkin' positive......

2 comments:

  1. YIKES, WHAT AN "EDUCATION" YOU ARE GETTING IN ALL THINGS SPANISH!

    I KNOW YOU ARE "ON A TRIP", BUT KATIE DEAR, "YOU ARE A TRIP" AND WE LOVE YOU FOR THAT! KEEP THIS "CULTURAL EXPERIENCE" COMING!!!

    MOMS AND POPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, this blog of yours gave us all a good laugh on a rainy, gray, cold day! I must admit I thought Eliza may lose her lunch at the sight of that pig....I was a close second! You don't need to bring one of those home for us to try by the way! Too funny and hope your intercambio turned out A-OK!!!

    ReplyDelete