Wednesday, January 26

First days of Classes

The first first few days of classes have gone pretty well so far. I am taking 4....Texts and Interpretations, Phonetics, Translation and History of Spanish Art. I am also doing a teaching internship. I don't know too much about it now, just that I will be working with students in their English class about 2 to 3 hours a week. All my professors are really great so far. They like to be called by their first names, which I think is really cool. It makes it easier to create a friendship with them to ask questions and just soak up all the information they have to offer. I am meeting some really cool people in the program as well. The guys are cute, and the Spanish guys are hot (Sorry Dad!). Valencia is rainy today, which is pretty rare apparently.

I have to admit it, I am a bit homesick. I miss my friends back home and just knowing everything (i.e. language, restaurants, streets, people, etc). Even though my Spanish is already exponentially times better, there is still a language block that is exhausting to jump over every day. I'm trying to not let it get to me because hey, I have only been here 1 week.

This weekend, the program is going to Xátiva, a city right outside of Valencia. I am very excited to learn more history of Spain! I am such a nerd and have been reading all about Spain from the B.C.s to now. Very interesting and intriguing country...Oh, and the paella is fabulous. Supermegaguay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Katie! So glad you updated your blog. I just told your mom that we get a little "antsy" when we don't see any news for a few days.

    It sounds like things are going just great after only one week, so don't be too hard on yourself.
    I was wondering if there are any cute guys in the program and I had already guessed that the Spanish guys would be good looking rascals!

    We miss you so much but again, we love visiting Spain through your eyes!

    We love you, Moms and Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your trip to Xativa! Don't forget your camera! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad classes going well ... all sound interesting.
    On average how many students in your classes?
    Do you travel via rail to Xativa? So much history to see - castles, cathedrals & more. Look forward to next update.
    Love,
    G'ma

    ReplyDelete