Monday, January 17

Packing Up, Getting Ready to Go

Hello Hello! I am just finishing up packing! My luggage weighs 48 pounds, right under the 50 mark. I am very excited to leave, but also a bit nervous and anxious. I leave Charleston at 3:20pm, fly to Miami, then Madrid and finally to Valencia. I have been emailing my roommate, Kara, and she is awesome so far. We are going to catch a cab together to the apartment to save some euros. Apparently some of her friends have been to Valencia so she has a list of all the good bars, restaurants, discos, etc. My grandparents, Benjamin, and all my sisters are coming down to send me off to the airport. I think the plan is to eat my last USA supper at Boulevard Diner and then fly away! Just wish my Dad was here- miss you Dad!

So today, I think I took about 5 "last-minute" trips to Target/CVS/Barnes and Noble and I really hope I am done and ready to go. I hate packing but the one thing I hate more is unpacking! Ah! I also gave up on the whole "less is more" thing and I have excepted the fact that I am a typical American girl that packs too much. I mean, come one, have you ever tried to pack for 4 months in one suitcase? Its impossible....

Well, I guess this is it until I am in Valencia! My goal is to blog at least once a week. Let's see how well that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment